PySequence_SetItem

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Aug 17 03:00:28 EDT 2006

John Machin wrote:

> Are you suggesting a rework of the manual instead of inserting a X in
> the offending py_DECREF?

are you suggesting slowing things down just because of a bug in the
documentation ?   you cannot return an uninitialized list object to
Python anyway, so there's no need to add extra checks to a function
that's *documented* to be the equivalent of a *Python-level* sequence
assignment.

the "I spent time debugging this, so now everyone should suffer"
approach doesn't strike me as very Pythonic.

</F>