converting a nested try/except statement into try/except/else

Thu Aug 10 10:24:21 EDT 2006

Simon Forman wrote:

> What about the version I gave you 8 days ago? ;-)
>
> http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.lang.python/msg/a80fcd8932b0733a
>
> It's clean, does the job, and doesn't have any extra nesting.
>
> Peace,
> ~Simon

I remember that version, but I found it a little hard to follow. It
seems like the kind of code that if I look at it again in another month
or so, I'll have to trace through it again to figure out what's what.

But I think it was your code that made me think of using an else
statement in the first place! :)