state of SOAP and python?

Mark Harrison mh at pixar.com
Tue Aug 15 19:10:32 EDT 2006

Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> At Thursday 10/8/2006 03:38, Mark Harrison wrote:
>
> >So I'm investigating doing some SOAP work... Any concensus on
> >what the best python libraries are for doing this?
> >
> >Too bad, xmlrpc is choking on our long longs. :-(
>
> Just thinking, if you have control over the two ends, and dont need
> real interoperability, maybe just extending <int> to support long
> integers could be easier...
> I remember extending <double> once to support NaN's, moving to SOAP
> was too much effort for that application.

Good thinking!  It turns out all you have to do is comment
out the range check:

    def dump_int(self, value, write):
        # in case ints are > 32 bits
        ##if value > MAXINT or value < MININT:
        ##    raise OverflowError, "int exceeds XML-RPC limits"
        write("<value><int>")
        write(str(value))
        write("</int></value>\n")

Thanks,