can't destroy a wxMiniFrame

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at designaproduct.biz
Thu Aug 24 14:23:10 EDT 2006

Flavio írta:
> Hi,
>
> I have a miniframe composed mainly of combo boxes, that I need to
> destroy and recreate multiple time with different choice lists for the
> combo boxes.
>
> My problem is that even after destroying a miniframe with the Destroy()
> method, when it is recreated, the combo boxes show the same lists of
> its previous incarnation...
>
> how can I completely destroy a miniframe?

 From what you wrote, I think that you did not create a new miniframe.
Although you called Destroy(), you tried to display it again. This is
what the documentation says about destroy.

Destroys the window safely. Use this function instead of the delete
operator, since different window classes can be destroyed differently.
*Frames and dialogs are not destroyed immediately* when this function is
called -- they are added to a list of windows to be deleted on idle
time, when all the window's events have been processed. This prevents
problems with events being sent to non-existent windows.

Regards,

   Laszlo