hide python code !

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Thu Aug 10 20:21:00 EDT 2006

Bayazee wrote:
> hi
> in compiled languages when we compile a code to an executable file it
> convert to a machine code so now we cant access to source ...
> but in python we easily open the program executable(ascii) file and
> read source  ....
> i meen than any way to protect my code or convert it to executable
> witch can not be decompiled (python code)....

I know what you mean.

However consider this: There is no such thing as an executable which
cannot be decompiled; if the code can be executed, then anybody with
read access to the code can disassemble/decompile/whatever it -- there
is no theoretical difference between disassembling an .exe file and
decompiling a .pyc file. What's in a .pyc file is just the machine code
for a virtual machine ...

Consider changing your business plan: write crappy software, charge
heaps for support -- it's not a novel idea :-)