Python2.5 RC1 vs sgmlop.c

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Aug 17 11:37:09 EDT 2006

I have a segfault problem in Python2.5 RC1 (win32) when using the venerable
extension sgmlop.c.

In case that was just because our copy was very old I downloaded a later source
from http://pyxml.cvs.sourceforge.net, but that code (version 1.14 loewis) still
suffers from this problem.

The problem occurs after a call to free at line so I'm guessing something has
changed related to allocations. Is there some magic going on which redefines
malloc/realloc etc etc? I'm fairly sure the object in question (-->buffer) isn't
passed directly to python so I would have thought that malloc/realloc/free were
appropriate. Another parser attribute does hold an array of pointers to python
objects, but again I don't think that should be a problem.

Has anyone got any clue what the problem might be or a fixed version of the code?
--
Robin Becker