How to write a Installer for a Python App in Linux

Chris Lambacher chris at kateandchris.net
Fri Aug 11 16:48:25 EDT 2006

If you mean that you are building Python2.4 and get an error during the
configure step, you need to install libc6-dev.

You are likely to find lots of issues unless you install some basic developer
tools.  There are some metapackages that get the right things for you, but I
can't remember what it is off hand.

-Chris