python under earthlink hosting?

mbstevens NOXwebmasterX at XmbstevensX.com
Wed Aug 2 17:36:38 EDT 2006

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:40:48 +0200, Martin P. Hellwig wrote:

> Maybe they didn't symlink it, try /usr/local/bin/python2.4

Thanks, Martin.
I went back to earthlink with this:

_________________________
Me:
"I understand that I am supposed to be
able to write CGI
scripts in any scripting language. I can't seem to find the Python
interpreter on my server, and keep getting a 500 internal server error
with the following shebang lines:
#!/usr/local/bin/python
#!/usr/bin/python
#!/bin/python
#!usr/local/bin/python2.4
#!/usr/bin/python2.4
#!/bin/python2.4

Is Python just not running on the
server that hosts my site?
If it is running -- where is it?"
__

Daniel P:
"I am sorry, EarthLink provides support only for CGI and Perl
scripting."

It seemed like such a simple couple of questions for their support staff
to answer.

I'm beginning to think that if I want to write Python CGI scripts
I'll have to move to a different service.