Python Editor with Autocorrection

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Mon Aug 21 15:27:48 EDT 2006

Laurentiu <laurstorage at yahoo.com> writes:

> i am searching for a free python editor with
> autocorrection capabillities.
>
> for example:" the wrong setfocus() call to become
> SetFocus(), etc."

Perhaps not quite what you were looking for, but emacs' dabbrev-expand
works well for avoiding mistyped Python names (not to mention typing
less).  It searches through all buffers for a "word" matching the
first few characters you typed.

So, to type the first "dabbrev-expand" in this sentence, I just typed
'da', then hit F4 (which I have bound to dabbrev-expand).  If there
are multiple matches, you can carry on hitting F4 until the expansion
you want is found, or type a few more characters and try again.  The
capitalization behaviour is controlled by the variable
dabbrev-case-replace.

I think other editors can do something similar, but it works well with
the emacs way of working (one emacs process open, lots of files loaded
into buffers in that process).

John