Need Python for Linux (Suse 10.1)

James Oakley jfunk at funktronics.ca
Thu Aug 31 13:21:14 EDT 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 6:16 am, Dick Moores wrote:
>  I've got a friend interested in trying out Python. I sent him to
> http://www.python.org/download/linux/ but he's uncertain as to what to
> download. He's rather get a new download than use what was on his Suse
> disk. His box is an x86.
>
>  Any chance Python 2.4.3 compressed source tarball would be suitable for
> him?

He already has it. Python is installed by default on most Linux distributions,
including SUSE.

If he wants Python IDEs, libraries, and tools, he should open up YaST,
select "Software Management", select the search filter, and enter python in
the search box.

There's a ton of Python stuff on SUSE, and there's even more in my
YaST-compatible repo at http://repos.opensuse.org/home:/jimfunk/ .

--
James Oakley
jfunk at funktronics.ca