Component framework

Michael ms at cerenity.org
Fri Aug 11 07:39:51 EDT 2006

Jan Svec wrote:

> Hi all,
> some time ago I've seen an interesting component framework for Python
> but I don't remember the name. I remember only one example. There were
> two components: Wheel and Car, Wheel were then inserted four times into
> Car and so on. This framework has had lazy instantiation of child
> components.
>
> Does anybody know the name of this framework?

PEAK - http://peak.telecommunity.com/Articles/WhatisPEAK.html

"""PEAK is the "Python Enterprise Application Kit". If you develop
   "enterprise" applications with Python, or indeed almost any sort of
   application with Python, PEAK may help you do it faster, easier, on a
   larger scale, and with fewer defects than ever before. The key is
   component-based development, on a reliable infrastructure."""

FWIW, I don't use it, but I'm aware of it. I use a component framework I
develop for work & fun called Kamaelia - but PEAK is what you're thinking
of.

BTW, since it might be helpful, from your request I punched the following
search terms into google - which links to the tutorial mentioning cars and
wheels:
   * Search terms: wheel car component lazy python

:-)

Best Regards,

Michael.
--