Using Python for my web site

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Aug 1 04:27:03 EDT 2006

bryanjugglercryptographer at yahoo.com wrote:
> northband wrote:

[Specifications]

> > I am trying to have the fastest page loads, averaging 100 items per
> > result page.  I have read about using Apache's mod_python so I could
> > use PSP.  Any help or tips are appreciated.
>
> So if I'm reading this correctly: you have a system that's
> working, and the main purpose of the re-write is faster page

Performance is clearly important, but later on the questioner says...

Q> Currently our site is built with a closed source hypertext
Q> preprocessor much like PHP.

That sounds like a good enough reason for migration, depending on how
unportable, unsustainable or unmaintainable the technology platform has
proven itself to be. Still, at least the questioner isn't seeking
performance by wanting to rewrite everything in C++...

Paul