Using Python for my web site

Gerhard Fiedler gelists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 09:41:04 EDT 2006

On 2006-08-01 04:11:18, Cliff Wells wrote:

> You say that you haven't tried Django or any other Python framework.
> Perhaps you should.  You seem to have at least the start of the right
> idea about web application organization, so I think you'd be pleasantly
> surprised with what you'll find already done for you by the major Python
> frameworks and how much time you'll stop wasting on code that isn't part
> of your application.

I've checked it out quickly, and it seems that it is not possible to
install e.g. TurboGears on a typical shared host -- as a normal user. You
seem to run a shared hosts farm (IIRC). What's your point of view of
hosting TurboGears or Django on a shared host? Is that (reasonably)
possible?

Thanks,
Gerhard