email client like mutt

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem at gmx.de
Tue Aug 8 01:42:17 EDT 2006

Hi to both,

* cga2000 <cga2000 at optonline.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 08:34:16PM EDT, Aahz wrote:
>> In article <mailman.9054.1154964178.27775.python-list at python.org>,
>> cga2000  <cga2000 at optonline.net> wrote:

>> >Like he says it's not written in python.
>>
>> Yes, I see that, but that doesn't answer my question.  Not every
>> application in the world needs to be written in Python.  (Note that I'm
>> a mutt user myself.)
>
> Well.. I'm also curious why he wants it to be written in python, so I
> thought we could join forces.
>
> Incidentally I've been looking for a general-purpose application written
> in python/ncurses for some time and haven't found anything.
>
> Looks like no new terminal application was written in the last ten years
> or so. I guess that would rule out python..?

I like mutt a lot, but at work I have to use lotus notes and
I thought that I could use an existing python mail client to
read and write mail 'around ' the lotus environment... that
probably does not work anyways!?
The second idea, which is more a working together with mutt,  was to send files from 'lfm' (last file
manager), which is completely written in python. I want to
open mutt from lfm and automatically attach the marked files
to the email...

Greetings!
 Fabian