The decentralized nature of the Python community is driving me crazy

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Mon Aug 21 15:52:57 EDT 2006

metaperl.bzr at gmail.com napisał(a):

> So, I guess this is my way of letting you know how lost I feel about
> this de-centralized community. Dont get me wrong. I'm glad to be part
> but I was thinking it would be nice if there were a one-stop-shop for
> all my chat and wares needs. But for now, I guess I need to just add
> few more bookmarks to main places to keep on top of daily besides
> pythonware.com/daily.

Centralization is bad. Believe me, I lived nearly 20 years under
communist regime, I know what I am saying. You don't need
centralization, all you need is aggregation upon agreed rules.

We have good aggregator on Planet Python, we have growing package index
in Cheeseshop (already aggregated on Planet) and good tips list on ASPN
(also aggregated on Planet). I see the future is bright for us.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/