need hint for refactoring

GHUM haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 09:08:50 EDT 2006

I have a bunch of function like:

def p2neufrage(_):
    """ create new element"""
    anfrage,ergebnis=getanfrage()
    if ergebnis.get("status","ok") == "ok":
        wert=anfrage["feld"]
        # do something
        # unique here

        ergebnis["innerHTML"]=..... something ....

        #
    return simplejson.dumps(ergebnis, skipkeys=False,
ensure_ascii=False, check_circular=True, allow_nan=True)

so, everywhere there is the same beginning:

anfrage,ergebnis=getanfrage()

I analyze some transmitted jason-document; check for errors

then I take the values out of the request, process it and fill the
slots of a result ("ergebnis") dictionary, which is returned.

So the beginning and the end of the function is allways repeated. It
would be great to factor it out ... i startet with that ...getanfrage()
call.

Is there anything more possible?

Thanks for any hint

Harald