Mailman - Sendmail problem

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Aug 21 15:14:47 EDT 2006

    >> I am trying to get Mailman to work on this server and so far, no luck.
    >>     assert 0, 'Use of the Sendmail.py delivery module is highly
    >> discouraged'
    >> AssertionError: Use of the Sendmail.py delivery module is highly
    >> discouraged
    >> ***

At the python level, assert 0 is going to fail.  You can either hack the
source to 'assert 1, ...' or, better yet, dig around and see if there's
another delivery module that works with sendmail better than Sendmail.py.

    >> Thanks for any help you can give!

One other thing...  Have you posted your request to the mailman-users
mailing list? <http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman-users>
You're more likely to get a knowledgable Mailman-related answer from the
folks who use Mailman daily.

Skip