Installed correctly

Rich sinor1 at REMOVElycos.com
Sun Aug 13 11:12:34 EDT 2006

(sorry, I accidentally hit "send" before I was finished)

Well thanks for all your replies.

I've now uninstalled Python, and reinstalled it using the default path
(C:\python24), to avoid any complications. But command line still said
"unrecognized command", when typing "python". So apparently you have
to do that manually (at least in some cases). In any case I added the
path according to your instructions, and now it seems to work.

Perhaps the page refered to systems that comes with Python
pre-installed (they mention that some HP machines do). Obviously, the
pre-iinstallation would have to include setting the path.

Again, thanks for your help! :)