unicode "table of character" implementation in python

Nicolas Pontoizeau nicolas at pontoizeau.org
Tue Aug 22 09:13:07 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am handling a mixed languages text file encoded in UTF-8. Theres is
mainly French, English and Asian languages. I need to detect every
asian characters in order to enclose it by a special tag for latex.
Does anybody know if there is a unicode "table of character"
implementation in python? I mean, I give a character and python replys
me with the language in which the character occurs.

Thanks in advance

--
http://www.nicolas.pontoizeau.org/
Nicolas Pontoizeau - Promotion EFREI 2005