#!/usr/bin/python or #!/usr/bin/env python?

Tue Aug 8 15:08:59 EDT 2006

I understand the difference, but I'm just curious if anyone has any
strong feelings toward using one over the other? I was reading that a
disadvantage to the more general usage (i.e. env) is that it finds the
first python on the path, and that might not be the proper one to use. I
don't know if that's a real issue most of the time, but it's at least
something to consider.

And is Python found in directories other than /usr/bin often enough to
justify using the more general form?