Can Your Programming Language Do This? Joel on functional programming and briefly on anonymous functions!

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Fri Aug 4 01:23:30 EDT 2006

Alex Martelli napisał(a):

>>>Joel on functional programming and briefly on anonymous functions!
>>>
>>>http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/08/01.html
>>
>>Ridiculos. That's how single-programming-mood people react when they
>>find that you can program in procedural or functional way and get your
>>work done. I always had a fun seeing these "all-java-kids" fighting
>>CRTJVAPGM or RUNJVAPGM on OS/400. ;)
>
> Uh?-(  Are you calling *Joel* an "all-java kid"?!  He's an old clunker,
> just like me!, and HIS background is primarily in C and some kind of
> LISP -- he makes that quite clear in some of his books.

I am sure he wouldn't have a hard time on OS/400. I think he shows a bit
of exaggeration in this article, as he is too smart to believe that the
world is all object-oriented, but this is writer's right to grab readers
attention.

This "all-java-kids" was a remark to his statement from some earlier
article (mentioned also in this one), where he writes on people being
taught only java on programming courses.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/