do people really complain about significant whitespace?

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Aug 7 20:00:16 EDT 2006

Jason wrote:
> But newsgroup managers are certainly an issue.
> For comment thingies online, the preformat tag is your friend, too.

Time ago I used to add a | or something similar at the beginning of
lines, to avoid the leading whitespace stripping done by Google Groups.
Other (silly) solutions are to add explicitely the number of indents at
the beginning of a line (2 digits suffice), or to even add explicit
#end comments just under the dedents, so a script can read such ending
comments and reconstruct the original Python indentations... (lines
splitted with \ and similar require some extra care).

Bye,
bearophile