Tab delimited file

Colin Wildsmith cwildsmith at westnet.com.au
Fri Aug 11 10:41:56 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am making a gui for the purpose that I can change the values in a list of
different criteria which is found in a text file, such as:

Name(tab)rating(tab)breast size(tab)occurrences

.

.

.

However as far as I know Python does not allow you to easily change a
specific line in a text file. You have to place the whole file to memory,
change what you need to and then write the file back after deleting the

Assuming this is true, how do i find where the tabs are in the file so that
I can distinguish between the different criteria?

Assuming this is not true, does anyone suggest another way to do it?

CoLe