cloning generator iterators

Michael ms at cerenity.org
Sun Aug 20 18:20:08 EDT 2006

Bernhard Mulder wrote:

> [ attempt to clone/fork a generator ]

You can do this, but you can't pickle the results. (If you want pickling,
use Stackless - I've not tried pickling generators in stackless because I
don't use stackless, but it looks pretty clear you can pickle them there)

> Question: What is the best way to implement this clone operation?

However you should be able to do what you want using the small extension
"statesaver" which you can grab from
   * http://www.gosubway.org/install/statesaver.c

The statesaver allows you to clone generators in the way that you want.

FWIW, I can see lots of situations where this would be useful - mainly in
the area of dealing with search spaces (After all, this effectively allows
you to fork the generator).

Michael.
--
http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/Home - Concurrency, Networking, Simplicity