Reinstalling Python Problem (Newbie)

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Tue Aug 1 19:15:42 EDT 2006

Avell Diroll wrote:
> beno wrote:

> >  I have to rebuild
> > python. [snip] Platform is FreeBSD 5.? I have
> > the following questions:
> >
> > What is meant by pointing to this folder thus:
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr/python
> >
> > When I run make test I get these errors:
> >
> *** errors ***
> > I've googled this with no luck. Please advise what to do or at least how
> > to start
> > TIA,
> > beno
>

> I believe this is not the best place to ask your question, ...
> you should try :
> * some freebsd resources (e.g. http://www.freebsd.org/community.html )

The OP said he is re-building Python, and showed output where tests of
Python failed. "mod_python" and "Zope" appear to be irrelevant to his
problem. "Python" would appear to me to be the most significant
keyword, with "freebsd" second.

This list is inhabited by heaps of people with experience of building
Python on *x platforms ... sorry, I'm not one such and can't help
further.

Cheers,
John