Zipping files/zipfile module

OriginalBrownster originalbrownster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 21:58:03 EDT 2006

This will probably sound like a very dumb question.

I am trying to zip some files within a directory.

I want to zip all the files within a directory called "temp"
and have the zip archive saved in a directory with temp called ziptemp

I was trying to read up on how to use the zipfile module python
provides, but I cannot seem to find adequate documentation on function
itself.

Perhaps someone could help me in this task?

I am guessing it must be something like the shutile module
something like copy(src,dst)

THank you

Stephen