Kill process based on window name (win32)

drodrig drodrig at magicbrain.com
Sat Aug 12 00:28:38 EDT 2006

Hi.

I am trying to close/kill all processes that show visible windows on
Windows XP. So far I've created a script that uses win32gui.EnumWindows
to iterate through all windows, check for which windows are visible,
then send a WM_CLOSE message to the window to request that it closes.
Of course, not all apps want to close nicely. At this point I need to
use something like TerminateProcess to kill the app, but how do I find
the process id (hopefully based on the window id).

Thanks for any help.