programming with Python 3000 in mind

André andre.roberge at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 17:59:56 EDT 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> André wrote:
>
> > When it comes to *teaching/learning* Python, it makes much more sense
> > to have print() as a function (same with exec) given what it does
> > -compared with the purpose of the other keywords.
>
> that's rubbish, of course, and seems to assume that python students, in
> general, are obsessed with hyper-generalization.  they're not.
>
> </F>

On a scale of 0-10, for Python technical knowledge, you (F.L.) are
probably at 9.5 whereas I might hover around 2 - and I will most likely
always defer to your expertise in this area.

However, I have some experience as a Python student (having learned
about programming in Python on my own over the past two years) and as a
teacher (*mostly* in a very different field) and I respectfully
disagree over this hyper-generalised characterisation of my stated
opinion on this subject as "rubbish".

André