Learning Python

JAG CHAN rup at invalid.com
Sat Aug 26 10:00:42 EDT 2006

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com wrote in
news:1156597310.493911.241160 at i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> JAG CHAN:
>> As I had written earlier, I am trying to learn Python.
>> I chose IDLE as an editor to learn Python.
>> Now I find that it is an online editor.
>> It is not possible for me to be always on online while learning.
>> Kindly suggest me a suitable editor (for Windows XP) which does not
>> require me to be on online.
>
> Maybe your firewall tells you that IDLE asks for access to the net,
> but it's not an online sofware. You can use a different editor, like
> SPE, or if you want to start with something simpler you can try
> ActivePython, or probably it's even better a normal and very fast txt
> editor with a python grammar for colorization, with a macro added to
> run the script being edited.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Thanks for your response.
You are right.
Whenever I try to open IDLE, my zone firewall tells me pythonw.exe is
trying to access the trusted zone.
Whenever I try to open new IDLE window I get the following message:
"IDLE's subprocess didn't make connection.Either IDLE can't start a
subprocess or personal firewall software is blocking the connection."
I will be grateful if you kindly suggest a way out, then, I won't have to
install another editor.
Regards.