smtpd and custom MAIL_FROM/RCPT_TO validation

alf ask at me
Fri Aug 25 03:28:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

I use smtpd for the SMTP server in my app, but I need a little bit more
as far as immediate MAIL_FROM/RCPT_TO validation.  Returning from
process_message is too late SMTP protocol-wise.

The ad hoc solution is to create own SMTPServer2 by deriving from and
own SMTPChannel2  by deriving SMTPChannel. What bothers me that some
code duplication  from SMTPServer.__init__ and
SMTPChannel.smtp_MAIL/RCPT will have to take place.

Is there any way to avoid it. Probably not :-( ...

--
alf