PySequence_SetItem

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Wed Aug 16 17:39:24 EDT 2006

Jack Diederich wrote:

> Changing the PySequence_SetItem to PyList_SetItem and dropping the
> DECREF works for me too (PyList functions steal a reference).  I also
> tried setting the list to length 1, still no dice.  The PySequence
> version segs under 2.4 and 2.5.  It segs even when the Int is changed
> to a String.
>
> Yikes, I'll poke around some more.

Yikes indeed.

Not the OP's problem, but a bug in the manual: example in the chapter
that the OP was reading acts as though the 2nd arg to PyObject_SetItem
is a C int (as it is for the List and Sequence varieties) -- it is in
fact a (PyObject *), which explains the SystemError that I got.

Cheers,
John