Programming newbie coming from Ruby: a few Python questions

Tue Aug 1 16:11:59 EDT 2006

crystalattice wrote:

> Of course there's the O'Reilly set:  Learning Python, Programming
> Python, Python in a Nutshell, etc.

Yep, Learning Python is the best to start. I haven't tried Programming
Python yet (new edition soon), and once you understand Python, Python in
a Nutshell is an excellent reference and also teaches you how a lot of
things work under the hood.

For plenty of examples and "learn by doing," you can check out Dive Into
Python. And while I don't really recommend Beginning Python to *learn*
the language, there are 10 projects at the end of the book that you can
work on once you have a grasp of the language.