wxStyledTextCtrl - Dead?

Dave Mandelin mandelin at cs.berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 10 16:52:38 EDT 2006

I don't know the answers to 1 and 2, but from the demo I know that the
answer to 3 is wx.stc.StyledTextControl.

As for 4, I guess it depends on what you want to do. StyledTextControl
looked pretty scary to me, and for my application I mainly needed to
display styled text, not edit it, so I embedded a web browser window
and used HTML+CSS (and even a little JavaScript now). That worked quite
nicely.

If you need to edit the text as well, then I don't know. The rich edit
control (TextCtrl with style wx.TE_RICH2) is one option, but it is not
particularly nice to use.

--
Want to play tabletop RPGs over the internet?
  Check out RPZen:              http://koboldsoft.com