MinGW and Python

Ross Ridge rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Apr 25 17:07:36 EDT 2006

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> Well, there is no native C library on Microsoft Windows: the system
> simply doesn't include an official C library (I know there is crtdll.dll
> and msvcrt.dll, but these aren't "endorsed" system C libraries).

MSVCRT.DLL has been a standard system compent of Windows since at least
Windows 98.  Many other system components depend on it.  Essentially,
MSVCRT.DLL is an "undocumented" part of the Windows API.  It's not
exactly "endorsed", Microsoft would rather you use it's current
compiler and runtime, but it is the standard "official" Windows system
C library.

                        Ross Ridge