can't pass command-line arguments

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Mon Apr 10 08:48:30 EDT 2006

BartlebyScrivener wrote:
> I'm still new at this. I can't get this to work as a script. If I just
> manually insert the values for sys.argv[1] and sys.argv[2] it works
> fine, but I can't pass the variables from the command line. What am I
> doing wrong?  On windows xp, python 2.4.3

[... snip code ...]>

Did you see this thread a little while ago?

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/8ed6d03307df1a6a/60d017deadbac420#60d017deadbac420

In summary, it suggests looking at FTYPE and ASSOC,
and in particular at the %* param to FTYPE

The business of typing the .py or not is as secondary issue,
I suspect, and as someone else pointed out is governed by
the PATHEXT env var.

TJG