proposed Python logo

jarrells at jarrells.cjb.net jarrells at jarrells.cjb.net
Sat Apr 22 11:15:03 EDT 2006

Mike,

Excellent artwork!

I don't like reinventing the wheel so I propose we reuse someone else's
work.

I propose something like:

http://www.dvdweb.co.uk/reviewgfx/bompfc1.jpg

which symbolizes Python's ability to quickly implement many coding
ideas or:

http://www.phill.co.uk/comedy/python/python15.jpg

which symbolizes Python's ability to squash the competition for quick
coding or:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/CMAG/939-009.jpg

which symbolizes Python's place as the pick of the litter.

They also symbolize the fact that coder's shouldn't take life too
seriously.

Happy coding!

Mike

Michael Tobis wrote:
> "Is this the right room for an argument?"
>
> http://geosci.uchicago.edu/~tobis/snake.png
>
> ok, so my execution is pretty crude, but you can at least see my idea.
> I trust you to imagine it professionally executed in cheerful colors.
>
> Advantages of proposed logo over existing logo
<SNIP GOOD ARGUMENTS>