Giving your C/C++ Application a Python Command Line...

Andrew McCall andrew.mccall at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 05:15:41 EDT 2006

Hi Folks,

I am building an application under multiple OS's, and I wanted to give
my application

For example, the test application I am working on is a calculator and I
would like to have a menu in the GUI option to open a command line
where you can use Python commands to perfom the functions of the
application within the Python command line.  For example, if I wanted
to clear the display or display the about screen I would be able type
the command in the Python coimmand line.  To do this I think I need to
embed Python in my application, and then expose my C/C++ functions to
Python.

I have read the documents on embedding Python and I can give my
application a command line, but I am having issues exposing my C/C++
functions to Python.

Does anyone know of any tutorials or example code that show how to do
this?

Thanks,

Andrew McCall