can anyone advise me

Dan Sommers me at privacy.net
Thu Apr 27 06:23:26 EDT 2006

On 27 Apr 2006 02:48:46 -0700,
micklee74 at hotmail.com wrote:

> why the output of this code :
> x = 0
> while x < 10:
>         z = 0
>         print x
>         x = x + 1
>         while z < x:
>                 print z,
>                 z = z + 1

> is

> 0

Okay, that was x, from the print statement inside the x-loop.

> 0 1

And that's z, from the print statement inside the z-loop.  z is 0, and
then when z is 1, it's not less than x, so we're done printing z's.

And then we get the next x.

> 0 1 2

And two more z's, 0 and 1, since x is now 2.

And another x.

Since this might be homework, I'll stop at a hint:  you need to think
about when you want each printed line to end, and make sure that you
tell python to end it there.

Regards,
Dan

--