Receiving emails with attachments

Tim Williams (gmail) tdwdotnet at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 13:28:33 EDT 2006

On 8 Apr 2006 13:24:20 -0700, tomer.ha at gmail.com <tomer.ha at gmail.com> wrote:

want to develop a script which will receive emails with attachments
> from my POP3 account, perform certain actions on it and email it back
> to someone else.
>
> However, I'm not familiar with any Python library which does it. Could
> you a guide me to a relevant library which can handle emails?

The poplib module has already been mentioned for downloading from a pop3
mailbox

For sending mail you will need the smtplib module.

Depending on what actions you need to perform on each email,  the email
module may also be useful.

HTH :)

--

Tim Williams