MS VC++ Toolkit 2003, where?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Apr 25 03:10:09 EDT 2006

Robert Kern wrote:

> Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> > Robert Kern wrote:
> >
> >>Oh, that's right, you need an import library for Python24.dll .
> >
> > That shouldn't be a problem: that library is included with Python.
>
> For mingw, too? I.e. a .a not a .lib?

last time I tinkered with mingw, it could link directly against the DLL
file.  see the last two minutes in "mingw from scratch in 20 minutes"
post:

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general/388046

the MinGW FAQ says that you can use reimp in cases like this:

    http://www.mingw.org/mingwfaq.shtml#faq-msvcdll

but that didn't seem to be necessary (I assume reimp or something
is now integrated in mingw, or maybe I have a magic computer...)

however, note that the FAQ entry says that you can use an existing
LIB file as well, so Python's standard import library should work.

</F>