list.clear() missing?!?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Apr 13 08:51:59 EDT 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Peter Hansen wrote:
>>One of very first things newcomers learn (I believe, though I don't know
>>how soon the tutorial teaches it)
>
> let's see.  lists are introduced on page 19, a more extensive discussion of lists is
> found on page 33, the del statement appears on page 34, and the dir() function
> is introduced on page 46.

You're spending a lot of time trying to convince me I'm wrong, yet until
  Georg did something about it just now, nowhere in those sections did
it talk about [:] specifically, which is sort of the whole point.  It is
*not* obvious that although [x:] and [:y] and [x:y] take subsets of
things, that leaving them both out is either legal or useful.

Thankfully (to Georg), it now is.  (Well, I haven't read it yet, but
I'll take his word for it.)

-Peter