critique this little script, if you like

Sun Apr 30 23:29:18 EDT 2006

John Salerno wrote:
> Dave Jones wrote:
>> Hi John!
>>
>> About the path and the \'s, take a look at the os.path.join function.
>> The function is smart enough to add the correct slash when joining
>> directories.
>>
>> Dave
>
> Interesting, thanks! I was reading about the normcase() function, but
> your suggestion might be better.

Excellent, works great! But one more question: do I need to import
os.path for this? I tried it with and without it, and it worked both
ways, so I'm a little uncertain about whether os.path is really a
separate module, or if it is still contained within os and doesn't need
to be imported separately (it seems like it doesn't, but it is listed
separately in the docs).