Zope 3

Derick van Niekerk derickvn at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 07:49:56 EDT 2006

I have been developing in PHP for some time now and needed to look into
application frameworks to speed up my development. I was looking into
Horde and CakePHP before I was introduced to Python. I started learing
python and within a few *hours* I already wrote my first small program
and I still use it!

I love Python! Then I was introduced to Zope by freak accident. While
Zope looked like the answer to my dillemma, I still can't get my head
wrapped around it. Is it because I don't know Python well enough? Or is
it just that difficult to learn?

I would like to start my next web project (a database of demographic
info on scientists in Africa)  on Zope 3. Could anybody point me in the
right direction? Where should I start?