setup.py on unix/linux and converting to windows

AIM Andre_Mikulec at Hotmail.com
Thu Apr 13 21:58:34 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have a general question and some advice is needed.

Over time, I am running into python modules with setups that are just
made for linux/unix.

I have python installed on windows.  To get these modules into windows,
should I do the following?

(1) Install cygwin.

(2) compile/setup the python modules in the cygwin enviroment.

(3) Copy the new (installed) files to my python on windows environment
(specifically and most likely the site-packages directory.

What do you think about this?

In most cases will this work?

In what cases will this not work?  Sometimes threading will not work?

Thank you very much.

AIM