Ironpython book?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 23:58:16 EDT 2006

<alacrite at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone know if there is a book for Ironpython in the works? A good
> knowledge of .NET and Python is enough to get started but just poking
> around Ironpython homepage it seems like there are some new language
> features added to handle some quirks with working within the CLR.
> Although I could be wrong.

I don't know of any such books, but if M$ is willing to slip me a
suitable sweetener (to make it worth my while to install Windows again
after years of blissfully Windows-free existence: it must at least cover
the expense of the extra Zantac and Maalox consumption, plus suitable
compensation for pain and suffering), AND lend me the consulting
expertise of the Ironpython team, hey, I _could_ be persuaded to write
"IronPython in a Nutshell" (not that I'd ever admit it in public, of
course...).

Alex