DO NOT USE JAVA BECAUSE IT IS NOT OPEN SOURCE

Roedy Green my_email_is_posted_on_my_website at munged.invalid
Sat Apr 1 00:28:17 EST 2006

On 31 Mar 2006 20:59:16 -0800, atbusbook at aol.com wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

>Programing Languiges Are Ment to be free. That is why i am starting The
><i>Coo De Tar</i> thats french for Blow of state it is a flash/java
>alternative and if you are going to use a server side languige use
>Perl,Python or better yet Ruby. What is the point of a languige without
>a standerd and without a open source distrabution. Coo De Tar will be
>released as a api for perl,python and ruby. Java sucks because it IS
>NOT FREE. I AM A GNU GUY I BELEVE THAT SOFTWARE MUST AND SHALL BE
>FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not use java because it is an oxymoron

If you can't even spell, how do you hope to create a language better
than Java?

Oxymoron?  Look that up in the dictionary.

Why NOT open source?  Check how many upturned turtle icons there are
in the Java glossary next to free software.  Without money coming in
to support it, the project dies when the original author gets bored.

Java has a standard, see the JLS see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jls.html
What it lacks is an INDEPENDENT standards body. However Java is  in
much tighter shape than C++, SQL or any of the languages that DO have
a standards body.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.