can i set up a mysql db connection as a class ?

nephish at xit.net nephish at xit.net
Fri Apr 28 00:49:24 EDT 2006

This is great !

ok, i dont really have a lot of time to get into the ORMS (before your
post, this is the first i have heard of it) and my stuff is due on
Monday. he he.

but, if i am able to make a global db connection, and multiple cursors
pointing to the same connection object, how do i pull that off without
making new db connections?

something like
class db(self):
    def __init__(self):
          db = MySQLdb.connect(host="localhost", user="MyUser",
                                                 passwd="MyPassword",
db="Stuff")
    def cursor(self):
          cursor = db.cursor()
          return cursor

then have in my threads that need to connect

cursor = db.cursor()
cursor2 = db.cursor()

and so on ? i may be way outta whack here. i am still new at classes,
methods, and modules.
i do have Essential Reference on the way from Amazon though ! :)

thanks again