Can one query full name (or version) of selected packages at pypi?

Chris Lambacher chris at kateandchris.net
Fri Apr 28 10:33:54 EDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 02:26:02AM -0700, Caleb Hattingh wrote:
> I could do these steps myself with normal http access and
> screen-scraping, but is there already such a system/script somewhere?
>  Alternatively, how do you all keep versions of python addons
> up-to-date?  Manually?
I use easy_install.  Unfortunately not all packages work.  Most notably the
following failed last time I tried:
twisted
pygtk
PIL
win32all
ctypes

Mostly this is because they do something a little bit non standard with
distutils.  Newer versions of easy_install may have sorted these problems, I
have not tried in the last month or two.

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall

I hope that helps you out,
Chris