Getting a list of all classes derived from a base class

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 11:32:06 EDT 2006

Vijairaj <Vijairaj.R at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Dylan and Alex, that was a new learning for me.
>
> but both the solutions don't work in jython 2.1 is there an alternative
> that will work with jython2.1

Alas, no: your simple idea is essentially the best you can do in any
implementation of Pyhon at 2.1 level.

To put a positive spin on it: if there *WEREN'T* some things that are
much easier and slicker in Python 2.4, with all the years and the work
we've put into Python since 2.1's times, now THAT would be bad!-)

I do hope that Jython does eventually "grow up" to a more modern version
of Python -- unfortunately, I'm too rusty with Java, and not involved
enough in JVM work day by day, to actually help out there, and
apparently so are most potential contributors to Jython:-(

Alex