perspective on ruby

RK usidoesit at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 20 13:48:59 EDT 2006

I apologize if this is a stupid question,  I'm asking Python group for
perspective on Ruby,  but I don't see how the alternative of going to a
ruby group for a perspective on Ruby is going to do me any good...

I just unpacked and tried out InstantRails,  after turning off the
local Plone stack.

Looking over the IR stack,  making the required hacks to the examples,
looking at all it's pieces(including some of the more powerful PHP
support mixed in),  looking at the shipped examples,  I had to marvel
again at how far behind these folks are compared to something like
Zope.  They are 10 years behind an integrated platform like that.

I just don't get it.  The scripted object-oriented clean programming
language is done.

I'm more than willing to supprt RoR if it's being sold as the popular
alternative to .NET programming,  which it is in some CS curriculum
(where Java being thrown out).

But,  all those "END"s are getting on my nerves.

Thx